Privacy Notice for Users Who Do Not Apply or Sign Up for a Gling Gling Account or Other Services
Last update: 17.07.2023
If you are a consumer who is shopping at a business utilizing Gling Gling, this privacy notice is relevant to you. It provides an explanation of the data we gather about you, how we utilize it, when and why we share it with others, the duration we retain it, the security measures we employ, the purpose of cookies and similar technologies, the data collected by third-party service providers, and the options available to control your data.
If you request a digital receipt, agree to receive marketing communications from your Gling Gling Sellers, or utilize our Gling Gling profile portal, a different Privacy Notice applies to those specific features.
By utilizing our services, you indicate your consent to these data practices.
This Privacy Notice outlines how GLING GLING LLC and our affiliated entities (collectively referred to as “Gling Gling,” “we,” or “us“) collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain, or otherwise process your information when you access or utilize any Gling Gling services (such as Gling Gling Invoice, point of sale transactions, Online Store, Gling Gling API products, or appointment scheduling) through Gling Gling’s website or applications (referred to as “Services“), or when you contact or interact with us, even if you haven’t applied or registered for a Gling Gling account, other Service, or downloaded one of our applications.
However, if you request a digital receipt, agree to receive marketing communications from your Gling Gling Sellers, or use our Gling Gling profile portal (referred to as “Buyer Features“), a separate Privacy Notice is applicable to those Buyer Features.
This Privacy Notice pertains to your usage of our Services and encompasses information collected in connection with accessing and utilizing our Services. We kindly ask you to carefully read this Privacy Notice. By continuing to interact with our Services, you are giving your consent to the practices described herein.
Our Privacy Notice explains:
- Providing, Enhancing, and Advancing our Services
- Corresponding with You Regarding our Services
- Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Advertising and Promotion
- Other Utilizations
- With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Engage
- With our Affiliates and Group Companies
- With Our Service Providers
- With Advertising Partners
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- Safety and Compliance with the Law
- With Others With Your Consent
- Aggregated and Anonymized Information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We utilize your data to enhance the performance of Gling Gling products and services, both for your benefit and that of others. This pertains to the data we gather about you, which may differ based on your geographical location.
To illustrate, we gather information about you to deliver the Services you require or the support you seek. The specific type of information we gather can vary depending on the country from which you access our Services. Furthermore, you have the option to voluntarily provide us with additional information.
Information You Provide
We utilize the data you input into our systems during interactions with Gling Gling users, which includes financial information, personal identification data, transaction details, and any other data you provide us.
The information we collect is based on what you provide when utilizing our Services. This includes uploading or sending information through our platform, such as when requesting an invoice from a Seller or scheduling an appointment. Additionally, it encompasses communication with us, survey responses, content uploads, payments made at a Gling Gling Seller, or any other usage or access of our Services.
The information we gather includes:
- Identification Information: Your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and signature (for instance, when signing a receipt at a Gling Gling Seller).
- Financial Information: Bank account and payment card numbers.
- Transaction Information: Details about payments made, recorded transactions, requested invoice deliveries from Sellers, including transaction timestamps, locations, party names, transaction descriptions, payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping details, as well as the devices and payment methods used.
- Other Information You Provide: Any additional information you voluntarily provide, such as survey responses, participation in contests or promotions, suggestions for improvements, information shared with chatbots on our platform, referrals, or any other actions performed on our Services.
Information We Collect from Your Use of our Services
We also gather data about you and the devices you use when interacting with our systems. This includes information about the mobile device you utilize to make payments at a Gling Gling seller and its location. We employ this data for various purposes, such as combating fraud, verifying the legality of payments, and delivering requested or agreed-upon information to you.
The information we collect pertains to you and the devices you employ to access our Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. This information includes:
- Location information: The geographic location of your device, particularly if you use payment methods like Apple Pay or Android Pay. In some cases, this may involve precise geolocation data. You have the option to disable the collection of location information by adjusting the preferences on your mobile device or by choosing alternative payment methods other than Apple Pay or Android Pay.
- Device information: Details about your device, such as hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information regarding how the device interacts with our Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Information regarding your usage and interaction with our Services. This encompasses access times, login and logout information, browser type and language, country and language settings on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, the domain name of your internet service provider, browser attributes, mobile device details, operating system information, features utilized, and the date and time of your visits to or usage of our Services.
- Customer Information: Information you provide to a Seller using our Services. For example, if you are a customer who shares your email address, phone number, payment details, or other information with a Seller.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
We also ensure that your use of our services is legal, that you meet the necessary requirements for the services you wish to utilize, and that we safeguard your data and our services against individuals who engage in fraudulent activities that could jeopardize you and your finances. In order to accomplish this, we may gather information about you from companies that assist us in verifying your identity, conducting credit checks, preventing fraud, or assessing risks.
In addition to collecting information directly from you, as described in the information you provide and information we collect from your use of our services sections, and from our affiliated companies and partners, we also obtain information about you from various other sources, including:
- Information Provided by Your Seller: Any information about you that your Gling Gling Seller enters into our systems.
- Identity Verification: Information obtained from third parties and publicly available sources to verify your identity.
- Credit, Compliance, and Fraud: Information about you received from third parties in relation to credit investigations, credit eligibility assessments, identity or account verification processes, fraud detection procedures, or as required by applicable laws. This may involve the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with credit reporting agencies or bureaus, where permitted by law, as well as any individuals or organizations with whom you currently have or may have had a financial relationship. Such entities include but are not limited to, previous, current, and future employers, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We utilize your data for various purposes, including processing your payments, providing you with transaction-related information, assessing the compatibility of our services with your country, ensuring the security of your data, combating fraudulent activities, complying with legal requirements, enforcing our agreements, identifying opportunities for developing new products, and assisting your seller in marketing efforts targeted towards you.
The collection, use, and sharing of information about you may occur for the following reasons:
Providing, Enhancing, and Advancing our Services
- Assessing the availability of our Services in your country.
- Processing and documenting payment transactions or money transfers.
- Displaying your transaction or appointment history.
- Offering, maintaining, and enhancing our Services.
- Creating and developing new products and Services.
- Delivering the requested information and support, including invoices and scheduling details.
- Improving, customizing, and facilitating your usage of our Services.
- Monitoring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage patterns related to your use or the performance of our Services.
- Furnishing you with the selected products and features you opt to utilize.
Corresponding with You Regarding our Services
- Sending surveys to gather your feedback on our Services.
- Providing you with information that we believe may be beneficial or that you have specifically requested regarding our products and services.
Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Conducting inquiries, adhering to and implementing all relevant laws, regulations, legal prerequisites, and industry standards, and responding to legitimate government requests for information or valid legal procedures.
- Contacting you to resolve conflicts and assist you with our Services.
- Debugging to identify and rectify errors that hinder the proper functioning of our Services.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies.
- Examining, detecting, preventing, recovering from, or reporting instances of fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, or other potentially prohibited, malicious, or unlawful activities.
- Safeguarding our, our Sellers’, or your rights or property, as well as the security and integrity of our Services.
- Verifying or upholding the quality and safety standards of our Services.
- Confirming your identity.
Advertising and Promotion
- Promoting our Services through marketing activities.
- Corresponding with you regarding opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards provided by us and selected partners.
If we send you marketing emails, each email will include instructions allowing you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
- For any other purpose that we may inform you about periodically.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to various parties in the situations outlined in this section. For instance, we may share it with individuals you interact with while using our services, within our group of affiliated companies that may offer services we believe could be beneficial to you, with service providers who assist us in operating our services, or if it becomes necessary to share your information to comply with the law.
We may share the information described in the “Information We Collect About You” section, as specified below, with the following categories of service providers and third parties:
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Engage
- With other users of our Services, such as your Gling Gling Seller, with whom you interact during your usage of our Services. For instance, we may share information when you make a payment or schedule an appointment with a Gling Gling Seller.
With our Affiliates and Group Companies
- We share your information with our corporate affiliates and group companies. This internal sharing allows us to analyze how you engage with products from Gling Gling companies, improving our Services for your benefit and that of all users. It also aids us in developing Services tailored to your preferences.
- We internally share your information to help protect our services and maintain a trusted environment.
With Our Service Providers
- We share your information with service providers who assist us in providing, maintaining, and enhancing our Services. These service providers may access your information to perform services on our behalf, such as fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services. They may also include financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, and other entities that support us in delivering the Services.
With Advertising Partners
Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- In the event of a subsequent ownership, co-ownership, or operation of one or more of the Services.
- If we engage in a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring (including due diligence and negotiation), sale of a significant portion of our stock and/or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, dissolution of all or part of our business, or other corporate changes.
Safety and Compliance with the Law
- When we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government requests (such as those from creditors, tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, garnishment notices, levies, or lien notices, etc.).
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
- To enforce or comply with our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies.
- To protect our rights, our customers’ rights, our property, or the security and integrity of our Services.
- In cases involving investigations of suspected or actual illegal activities.
- To protect us, users of our Services, or the public from harm, fraud, potentially prohibited activities, or illegal actions.
With Others With Your Consent
- With your consent, as follows:
- When you direct us to do so or as described at the time you agree to share your information.
- When you authorize a third-party application or website to access your information.
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
- We may also share aggregated and anonymized information (within our group of companies or affiliates, or with service providers or other third parties) that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
COOKIES, OTHER SIMILAR AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES, AND ADVERTISING
Digital cookies and similar technologies are utilized to enhance the usability of our services. They help us recognize when you’re signed in, analyze your usage patterns to make the services more useful, provide a personalized experience, and optimize our ads to you.
When you interact with our online services or open our emails, we collect certain information through automated technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A cookie is a text file sent by websites to identify a visitor’s browser or store information and settings. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a small graphic image used on our websites or in emails.
These automated technologies enable us to collect device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described earlier. Their purpose is to:
- Remember your information to eliminate the need for re-entry.
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails.
- Customize our online services according to your preferences.
- Measure the usefulness and effectiveness of our services and communications to you.
- Manage and enhance our products and services.
Some of these technologies are set by us, while others are set by third parties who provide services on our behalf. For instance, we may use web analytics services from other companies (described in the “Third-Party Analytics Services” section) to evaluate customer usage of our websites. Third parties may also set these technologies to assist us in advertising our products and services to you based on your interests, as derived from your web activity, including browsing or purchasing products on our websites, third-party websites, or mobile sites and applications. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising or “targeted advertising.”
Your browser can alert you when cookies are placed on your device, and how you can stop or disable them via your browser settings. More information on how to manage these settings on common browsers and devices are below.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
Please note that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of our online services. If you use a mobile device, you can manage how your device and browser share specific device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings. To learn more about cookies and manage your preferences, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Within mobile applications, you can navigate to your device settings and select “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices) to restrict the use of information collected from your mobile device, such as precise location data, for the purpose of serving interest-based ads.
Please refer to the “Your Choices” section for additional methods to opt out of interest-based or targeted advertising.
We engage the services of other companies to assist us in analyzing our site, tracking metrics, and advertising to you. These companies are contractually obligated to maintain the privacy of the data we share with them, but they have their own privacy policies that you should familiarize yourself with.
Our analytics partners utilize technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to analyze your usage of our online services. We may share your site-use information, including your IP address, with these analytics providers and other service providers who assist us in understanding how you and others interact with our online services.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your information for as long as you continue to use our products and services. After that, we keep it for as long as we need it to fulfill various purposes, including fighting fraud, collecting any outstanding fees you may owe, resolving disputes involving you, complying with legal requirements, enforcing our agreements, and defending our rights in court.
The duration for which we retain your information is determined based on factors such as the applicable law, legal obligations, relevant statute of limitations, and our reasonable belief that it is necessary to comply with legal requirements, regulations, legal processes, or governmental requests. Additionally, we may retain copies of your information, including details of transactions or services in which you have participated, to detect or prevent fraud, resolve disputes, address service-related issues, assist with investigations, enforce our General Terms or other relevant agreements or policies, or take any other actions permitted or required by law.
Further below, you have the right to certain entitlements regarding your personal information. You also have the ability to view, modify, or rectify the information you provided us, control your location information, and choose not to receive promotional messages from us.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
We generally act as service providers or on behalf of the sellers you interact with. When we act as service providers, it’s important to refer to the seller’s privacy notice for the mechanisms they offer to exercise these rights.
Depending on the jurisdiction you reside in, you may be entitled to request:
- Access to your personal information, including: (1) the categories of personal information we collected about you and the sources from which we obtained it; (2) the purposes for collecting or sharing such personal information; (3) the categories of personal information we disclosed to third parties for business purposes; (4) the categories of third parties with whom we shared such personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in a portable format.
- Deletion of the personal information we collected from you.
- Correction of the personal information we collected about you.
- Opting out of sharing your personal information for targeted advertising purposes.
As mentioned earlier, if we act on behalf of a seller as a service provider, such as processing payments for them, you can directly exercise these rights with the seller(s). However, if you use the Buyer Features, you can submit an access, deletion, or correction request through our Gling Gling profile portal or by calling us at +972546940109. Upon receiving your request, we will verify it by asking you to confirm certain personal information associated with your account. You may also be entitled to submit a request through an authorized agent. For any denials of your access, deletion, or correction requests, you can appeal by emailing us at [email protected].
While some of the information we collect and process about you may be sensitive personal information, we only process it for purposes authorized by law. For instance, we may use your precise geolocation information, as explained in more detail below, to provide you with specific services you request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising these privacy rights, and we will not deny you access, charge different prices, or provide different quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
To offer certain Services, such as enabling you to use Apple or Google Pay for Gling Gling Seller payments, we may need access to location information, including precise geolocation data collected from your device. If you do not consent to the collection of this information, certain Services may not function correctly, and you will be unable to use them. You can stop us from collecting location information by adjusting the preferences on your mobile device. However, please note that this may result in the inability to use mobile payments.
If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional messages from Gling Gling or Gling Gling Sellers powered by Gling Gling, you can follow the instructions provided in those messages, visit our Gling Gling profile portal, or inform the caller that you no longer want to receive promotional calls. For text messages from Gling Gling, you can opt out by replying STOP. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as an invoice that you request.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are under the age of 13, please refrain from using our services. In the event that we inadvertently collect your data and discover that you are under 13 years old, we will promptly delete it.
Our services are intended for a general audience and are not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, share, or sell any information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete that information.
Information Security Measures
We take extensive measures to safeguard your data. While we have implemented strong security measures, it is impossible to guarantee that hackers will not breach our websites or compromise your data during transmission or storage.
We employ reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, it’s important to note that the Internet is not a completely secure environment, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data transmission or storage. We store information about you on our premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
Storage and Processing of Data
We operate in multiple countries, and your data may be transferred and processed outside of your country of residence.
We may process and store your information in various countries, including the United States and others. We may also utilize the services of third-party service providers for these purposes.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this privacy notice. If you do not agree with the changes, you can discontinue using our services.
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically by posting a revised version. The revised version will become effective on the date it is published on our platforms. If you disagree with any changes, you have the option to cease using our services. Your continued use of our services indicates your consent to any amendments made to this Privacy Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our privacy team with any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice:
9639 Magnolia Blossom Dr, Tampa, FL 33626
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our notice, or if you believe our notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint with our privacy team listed above. We will respond to let you know when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.